Friday 5 June 2009

Sam in Childcare

Finally have time to blog about Sam in childcare.

Me have spent the 1st 3 days of this week in & near the childcare centre, going back frequently to check on his progress. Today is the 1st day I'm letting Sam spend the whole day there, from taking the school bus there in the morning, till abt 5 pm later.

Actually I also dunno why I'm so worried. Guess it was because of the not-so-good experiences in the past.

Cos turns out that Sam LOVES the new place. In particularly the toys.

He may leave me crying, but it takes a lot of persuasion to get him to agree to go home in the last 2 days, when I went to fetch him at 5pm.

Here's a video to share, of Sam playing with his fav toy, the tricycle, on the very 1st day of school on Monday. He spent >1hr on the tricycle, refusing the enticement of other toys.



I guess I'm lucky that Sam took to the teachers there well too. I was rather surprised, & very pleased, that he allowed the teachers to bathe & feed him, and also put him to nap. So now I'm not really worried about his time in the childcare centre.

Well, now only worrying about how much he's eating there, cos he seems to want to spend all his time playing & is being so picky about his food.

Still, at this rate, I may remain hopeful about him going to school in the morning in a willing & happy mood very soon, instead of the teary farewells I've come to dread.

No comments:

Post a Comment