Saturday 13 June 2009

Plasters, Band-aids, whatever

Today saw another advert for cute cartoony plasters. Everytime I see one of these ads, or see the actual product on the shelves, I can't help but pause & seriously consider buying a box.

But I dare not.

I read somewhere that a mummy would bring such a box on long plane journeys to entertain her young children. How I wish I have the courage to try this trick.

Reason????

Cos Sam already loves plasters. The plain brown ones, the tranparent waterproof ones, he actually enjoys having one stuck on his little body.

Whenever he has a cut, or had scratched a mosquitoe bite till the skin broke, I would put a plaster over the wound, changing it daily.

And Sam would always eagerly stick out his arm or leg or whichever part that requires the attention, pointing out the wound, telling me to be careful. He would try to help remove the packaging from the plaster itself, ask to stick on the plaster (which I don't allow of course), and happily help throw away the resulting rubbish.

On the day I proclaim the wound healed and the services of the plaster not required further, Sam would cry & lament & kick up a fuss, insisting a new plaster be placed. I sometimes find it more traumatic to stop putting the plaster than dealing with the wound!!!!

Hence I definitely do not dare buy the cute & fanciful plasters that tug at my heart. It is difficult enough resisting Sam's attraction to the plain drabby ones already!

No comments:

Post a Comment