Tuesday 29 January 2008

Rain Fade

Another 1st time experience for me: rain fade.

Of course, today is not the 1st time I kena rain fade while watching my fav tv program. We get it everytime there's > medium size rainfall in our area, which means in the rainy season, nearly every day.

For Singaporeans & other fortunate (& hence ignorant) beings, rain fade happens if you receive your tv channels via satellite dish, esp. if it's not a small one. The heavy rain interferes with the reception, so the tv screen blanks out. Or rather, in my case, the program blanks out, leaving an error message.

So since the standard Astro (Malaysia's paid tv provider) satellite dish is no bigger than my current kitchen oven, you can imagine the frequency of this problem.

Hence I'm here blogging, instead of watching my tv shows, cos it's pouring again..............

No comments:

Post a Comment