Monday 28 January 2008

Muddy Water

1st time in my life I had to shower with muddy water.

Ok, it wasn't really muddy. At least the water was clear.

But I've never had to shower with water the colour of yellow-brown earth & the smell of mud when the water pools up.

Thanks to life in KL, now I have.

Apparently something went wrong with the water pump in our building. Poor hubby barely had enough water to wash his face in the morning before work.

I didn't realise there was anything wrong when I washed mine an hour later. So went checking all the taps after reading hubby's sms. That's when I found all the muddy water.

Water still muddy when brought Sam home from school at noon. And still muddy by evening.

Didn't dare bath Sam, just wiped him down with filtered water.

I was too sweaty to be willing to skip a shower, though. So since hubby says water is not that bad, I also followed his example.

Still, thought my skin was a bit tingling after the shower. Probably my imagination.

In a way, can blame Singapore's highly efficient water system. Got so used to drinking water directly from the tap.

Only when travelling overseas do I ever have to take note of what I'm drinking (loads of mineral water bottles). Even then, I had the fortune of travelling to developed countries, or stay in big hotels where they have their own water treatment system.

Talk about exposure when living overseas..........electricity out last month, water this time.

I hope I won't get anymore such experiences!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Haha, i had experience the "muddy water" b4 when im in Brunei!!

    And the black out of electricity is so common in my place whenever there is a thunder storm... hainz..

    So, i think KL still not so bad.. haha.. coz the muddy water n black out happen to mi at least once a month!

    And yes, i MISS Spore tap drinking water!!

    ReplyDelete