Saturday 4 July 2009

Would Sam Catch HFMD?

Had been near impossible to blog with Sam around the house. Yesterday had finally sent him back to childcare after 4 days at home, mainly cos I had to work in the afternoon.

Otherwise, the teacher had actually advised keeping Sam at home till he doesn't require any medication, cos the centre had confirmed its 1st case of Hand Foot Mouth Disease on Monday, and children with weakened immunity system are thus encouraged to refrain from going to school.

So now I'm starting to behave like a paranoid mum, checking Sam constantly for any signs of fever, trying to guess if his refusal to finish his breakfast is a sign of impending illness, or if he's just being difficult.

Most irritating is that his phlegm still hasn't cleared after 5 days of medication. Fortunately it seems to be thinning. I don't want to have to bring Sam to the doctor again for antibiotics, though I'm sorely tempted to do so, just so that he would recover faster and I wouldn't have to worry like that.

And I know my worries are in part on behalf of myself, cos if Sam gets HFMD and can't go to school, I'll have trouble going to work, which is all the more important to me in the next 2 weeks as I have 3 assignments & also training for the HeritageFest tour. My in-laws can't be relied on taking care of troublesome Sam for an entire day, my mum just recovered from flu herself, and there's always the danger of passing the HFMD to Tiffany, who fell sick earlier this week too.

Maybe tomorrow I should go temple to 拜拜, just for ease of mind & to pray for patience to stop myself going paranoid!

No comments:

Post a Comment