Saturday 25 July 2009

Hanging On......

I'm gonna lose my sanity if this goes on. Already I've lost my temper at Sam yesterday night, after trying the whole day to get him to drink water. I've cajoled, coaxed, threatened (with scoldings, toys, & pain) and scolded him, and with exception to the last method, each time he would only take ONE sip of water.

I know it's painful for him to even drink water, but I can't possibly risk him getting dehydrated right???? Esp. if his fever just subsided! And it was with promises of ice cream (which in the end he only ate half a scoop) did he finish his regular sized mashed potato from KFC.

Later I'm gonna get more of the mashed potato, and also some baby food. Think that's all he can tahan to eat now, since it doesn't require chewing & hence less likely to trigger the pain in various parts of his mouth, though no matter what, it'll be painfuil for him the moment he swallows.

Irritating thing is, though Sam finds it difficult to swallow, he certainly has no problem screaming. Now he even cuts back on his speech & goes moaning all day long, but when things don't go his way, he still finds it okay to scream shrilly. And now he'll cry (complete with tears, red nose, & mucus) at the drop of the pin. It's driving me nuts!!!!!!

1 comment: