Monday 12 January 2009

Recent Update

Haven't blogged for ages......had been a rather terrible start to the year 2009.

Brought our 1st maid home on the 2nd. Now she still can't speak much English, me communicating by sign language & my English-Indonesian dictionary. Luckily MIL trained her quite well, so now I only have to think of how to occupy her afternoons in my MIL's absence.

I kena stomach flu on the 4th. Threw up all the hot chocolate from Max & diaherra some more. Now have stopped medication, but my digestive system still delicate, can only finish half a bowl of rice at dinner now, eating noodles makes me feel bloated, so still avoiding all things with milk, oily food, sour & spicy food too. And I only lost a little weight!!!!

Had to go for a job interview on the 5th after a purely liquid diet on the 4th. Survived the morning on a continuous flow of sweets!

Then, still weak, had to bring Sam for his 1st day at playgroup on the 6th. We parents had to leave our crying children in the hands of the teachers for an hr from the 7th onwards. Sam seemed to have adjusted well, by Fri he was greeting me with smiles even though he left me crying.

Only to find him starting running nose that very night. By Sat night he had fever, by Sun morn he burned up to 39 degC. Couldn't manage to get an appointment with his regular pediatrician over the weekend, and ended up making 3 trips to our family doctor, one of which was wasted cos the morning registration was full already!

Now hoping Sam's fever will stay down over the night, then tomorrow I only have to worry about the phlegm that seemed to have settled in his throat causing him to cough...............

1 comment:

  1. Dun worry sis. The rest of the 2009 will be a better yr after both of u are sick.Its called blessing in disgust.

    ReplyDelete