Friday 5 December 2008

How I Spent My Birthday

For the benefit of my sis, I've decided to blog how I spent my yesterday:

Got woken up by Sam at abt 7.:45 am as usual.
Ham & cheese sandwich for breakfast. Took me one whole hour to get Sam to eat his.
Sam got me angry overturning all the clothes my MIL was folding on the sofa. Smacked his arm so hard the red mark stayed for half the day.

Brought Sam down to the playground downstairs to play at 10.20am. Kena a class of what looks like K1 or K2 students from the NTUC Childcare centre downstairs. Those children shoved my son, knocked into him on the slide (not on purpose, but no apologies from any of them) and generally didn't seem to know how to treat a younger child at the playground at all. And none of the 3 teachers overseeing them did anything!

So when one of the boys stopped my Sam from crossing the 'bridge' the 3rd time, & even pushed him away, I told him off (and not politely, I must admit). Only then did one of the teachers came over to tell the boy to give way to the "di-di".

After this episode I'm damn glad there's no vacancy for Sam at the NTUC Childcare downstairs!!!! I don't wanna my son to spend so much of his time in a place where they don't seem to teach manners!!!!!!!!

Anyway, after letting Sam play at the playground for abt 20 min, I took him away (I had enough of the children there). He then ran around the void decks for a further 15 min, after which I got him upstairs.

Then I surfed the net for abt 45 min while FIL watched TV with Sam.
Lunch was fried noodles, courtesy of my MIL.
Sam pooped, I showered him, got him to nap at 1.45pm.

Only managed to watch half of the Taiwanese variety show 王牌大贱谍 guest starring my fav singer 周华建 (promoting his concert. Thanks to Sam I'm in no position to go), before Sam woke up from his nap at 3:30pm.

Fed Sam, kept him entertained from in-laws watched the dunno-which-hundredth episode of 意难忘.
Ikea delivery & assembly of our bookcase, so thereafter started re-packing some of Sam's cars into the new plastic containers, easier for Sam to take & keep his own toys.

Showered. Tried new pumice scrub & foot rub lotion, a birthday present from MJ.
Dinner of fried rice (courtesy of MIL again).
Watched half hour TV, then started bedtime routine of Sam at 8:30pm.

Hubby came back in the midst of the storytelling.
I nipped off for a piece of choco I asked hubby to help buy (to help ease my bad mood on the 1st day of period) while hubby did the before-bedtime toilet training for Sam. Hubby had 2 boxes of choco, I opened the most convenient one (the unwrapped one), which was Lindt's milk chocolates, which was way too milky for me, so I returned to Sam in an even worse mood.

Got Sam asleep by 9:45pm. Opened the wrapped box of chocolates, hubby's attempt of birthday present amidst his long working hours (even had to take cab home to be in time to see Sam awake) - Lindt's champange truffles. These were good.
After eating 4 of those in succession my bad mood abated somewhat.

Watched last episode of the Taiwanese idol drama 不良笑花 on internet. Will miss the comedy love story between Rainie Yang & Wilbur Pan and the lovely ending theme song (带我走 by 杨丞林). Fortunately, Channel U will be screening it from next Monday at 7pm, so still can watch the trailers on TV.

So that was how I spent my 32nd birthday.

1 comment:

  1. Errr.... no comments.

    Waahaha... okey lar, 1st of all, thanks for posting tht up for mi to read. 2ndly, ok..at least u got ur 1st day of period to accompany u! Haha.. jus kidding. So, tht was all CS get for ur birthday gift ah? Humz...

    If only im back early, dan we can go out together and have a good meal on ur actual day! Anyway, cheer up. At least ur day is past safe and peacefully ya. :)

    ReplyDelete