Tuesday 3 February 2009

My New Job

Just realised I haven't blogged about my new job yet, so here it is:

Me got a part-time job as Tour Faciliator with this company Singapore History Consultants. It's like a tour guide, only I'm not licensed so can only take on groups for Singaporeans. Right now training for a Military Defence tour, to introduce Singapore's WWII history to our NS men. Next 2 months will continue to be trained for other tour, including a Kampong Glam tour to introduce our school children to the rich Malay culture. Read the company's website to understand more.......

Me rather excited about this job. A lot of training involved at this stage, but at least I find the job meaningful, and it's gratifying to know the company is putting in so much effort to train us: 4 days/2 weeks, trained personally by our big boss himself, the 2nd in command, & the head of research no less.

So even I myself am surprised at the readiness at which I dwell into WWII history, which wasn't one of my favourite topics in schooling days. But now I find a point to the stories, and a reason to relate them in these peace times, so I guess I got myself a suitable job in that sense. ;)

Oh, if you have any foreign friends visiting S'pore, you may want them to check out our island in a totally different perspective, thro' historical & cultural walks by our sister company, Journeys. ;)

P.S. In case anyone asking, I have to sign a 2 yr bond with the company, and I'm paid in cash only, no CPF or any medical benefits.

No comments:

Post a Comment