Saturday 14 February 2009

Sam Learning in School

Sam's been attending the playgroup for about 1 month now, and today I realised how much that had affected him:

For one thing, when we were out today, he started going for the girls of his same age group. ;)
In the past, he usually went after the older girls, all the big 'jie-jie'. But today, the little girl he approached at Changi Beach & the little gal he was actively trying to engage in play (unfortunately for him, the gal was actively eating satay) were barely taller than him.
So I guess he must have gotten used to playing with people of similar ages in the playgroup.

He's also obviously learnt something in school, even though he always replies 'no, no, no' whenever I asked him what he did in school. During our dinner in Newton Circus just now, he started clapping his hands when he heard a song being played. Then, he asked us to clap too! I felt rather silly clapping to the music in the hawker centre. ;P

And tonight, he actually said the word "teacher", and demonstrated to me how the teacher blew bubbles in school!

Wow! Am I glad I took the trouble to send him to the 2-hr playgroup! Can't wait for him to get into the childcare centre and learn independance!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment