Tuesday 26 August 2008

Surviving 2nd week of Sam's School Holidays

Today is the 3rd time I brought Sam along to my physiotherapy session.

Now he no longer cries at the sight of my physiotherapist (goodness knows why he did so in the 1st place!). In fact, he remembers the routine now: asked for his car to play with the moment we stepped inside the room, looked for the exercise ball to throw with, wants to wash his hands at the basin!

This session the physiotherapist was fully occupied, & I had to wait for 10 min for a bed to be vacated. And Sam surprised me by knowing the routine! The other woman had barely left the bed when Sam started pulling me towards it. I had to hold him off while the assistant does the cleaning up!

Then he petted the area where I'm supposed to rest my head, & indicated that I should take off my shoes & keep my bag on the rack. Wow!

Unfortunately, his enthusiasm only lasted till the end of the ultrasound treatment. After that, I had to spend the electro treatment, the exercise regiment & the icing routine entertaining him & explaining to him that "no, mummy's not finished yet, cannot go yet".

When we were leaving, he amazed me again with his long term memory: he remembered the cashier had an interesting pencil (even I myself can't remember which animal it was in the shape of now!) which she let him see last Thursday. But poor little fellow, the cashier didn't bring the pencil today, so he left for his promised treat on the musical car.

No comments:

Post a Comment