Wednesday 13 August 2008

Sam's Holiday Camp - 1st 3 days

This is the 1st week of Sam's 3 week long summer school holiday. Fortunately for me, hubby decided to let Sam experience the school's offering of holiday camp (since no such thing in Singapore's usual nursery), so I won't have to face the prospect of being stuck with Sam all day long for another whole week.

Well, after 3 days of art & crafts in the camp, I was presented with these:

So now we're clear where the money for the RM100/day holiday camp went to: all the materials & the teachers' labour cost in assembling the finished articles!

Of the (1) bear pencil holder, (2) cotton puff puppy, (3) elephant memo clip, (4) sponge printing notebook cover, (5) T-shirt printing, (6) butter cookies, (7) name plate, (8) necklace:

both hubby & I agree only the name plate (made of flour & salt) is of a useful & lasting nature, & we look forward to putting it in his own room in the near future. Although I'm still not sure what Sam contributed to the making of the name plate!

The butter cookies we've already eaten all 4 pieces of it. If by tomorrow none of us had any diarrhea, I'll say hubby's worries that Sam's fingers had been up his nose just before he cut out the cookies were totally misplaced. ;P

The T-shirt, though not exactly pretty, I think I'll let Sam wear it at least once. Maybe as the "just-in-case" clothes I carry around in the diaper bag. The notebook cover I'll probably preserve it somewhere & let Sam demolish the rest of the notebook.

As for the necklace, though the teachers say it's by the children for their mummies, I still don't see how I can fit it over my head..........not to mention the fact Sam finds the pieces (which he also cut out) resembling the butter cookies & tried to bite them!

No comments:

Post a Comment