Tuesday 5 February 2008

My Fav "New" Restaurant

Today found a "new" restaurant that I wanna visit again: MOF's (short for Ministry Of Food) My Izakaya in Bugis Junction, Level 2.

Seldom do I find a Jap restaurant with so many types of Jap desserts plus Jap food: sushi, shabu shabu, ramen, soba, bento set, Hokkaido soft serve ice cream, Jap style sundae, Jap mochi, etc, etc, etc. They have 1 menu for the food & 1 menu for the desserts!

But most importantly, they have 2 kids' menu served in a very cute bear-shaped bento bowl! I must remember to take a photo of it the next time I go: 2 plates stacked into a bowl & topped with bear-faced lid, complete with 3D ears.

Sam loved it! He kept pointing to the picture in the menu, so I gave in and ordered the udon/egg & crabmeat sushi/fried salmon cutlet set for him. The food was served on a Doraemon-shaped serving plate, which Sam liked too.

The food was up to standard. Found the drink that came with the set too sweet though, and Sam was too young to appreciate the nata de coco in it. Which was a bit sad, cos the menu didn't mention at all the drink contained the nata de coco (just said it was juice drink), else I could have changed it to Ribena.

I myself ordered the Jap sweet potato & yam served with Jap red bean & soft serve ice cream. The yam & sweet potato are great!!!! Me now still thinking of it.............

Hubby ordered oven-baked Jap rice cake, served with Jap red bean & Jap soya powder. (Sorry, can't remember the proper Jap term for the desserts.) It was pretty good; serving not too big, which was wise, cos started to get a bit sick of the rice cake aft eating half the dish.

If I'm staying in Singapore, I'll most probably sign up to be a member - despite the S$10/yr membership fee - cos wanted to try so many things on the menu! Think I'll easily earn by the fees through the 10% discount on the foods. Not to mention the free coffee/tea for members............

Must time my visit to the temple next week properly, so that can eat at My Izakaya again before I go back to KL!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment