Sunday 27 September 2009

Sam's 1st Field Trip - To the Zoo

Sam had his 1st school field trip on Friday. Teacher Drizzle had planned the trip for the children to see the polar bears & sun bears she's been teaching in her class, and the trip on 25th Sept 2009 involved many parents/grandparents/caregivers. I was pleasantly surprised to find the teacher had prepared a detailed itinerary:


There was also a mini workbook for the children to complete over the weekend, to emphasie the trip to the kids, I guess. I still couldn't manage to get Sam to colour in the pictures of the bears, he kept wanting to draw on the back of the pieces of paper instead!

But the trip turned out quite smoothly, for Sam & me at least. Sam was being quite a good boy, staying close to me most of the time. He had a whale of a time at break time (while waiting for the Splash Safari show to start), eating jelly & biscuits shared by fellow classmates & their friendly parents, ignoring the healthy sandwiches & apple juice the teachers prepared:

Lunchtime was at the KFC in the Kids Rainforest. I let Sam indulge in a scoop of Ben & Jerry's ice cream, cos I was so hot by that time & needed the treat myself! ;P Since he had been quite well behaved, I also allowed him my fries, which he finished together with the Popcorn Chicken that was part of his Chicky Meal.


The bears, the reason for the trip, weren't particularly exciting for Sam that day, who found the stingrays in the Fragile Forest more exciting, goodness knows why. But frankly, I myself also found the Fragile Forest more interesting that day, seeing clearly in daylight bats & sloths feeding, and monitor lizards moving actively & scaring the ducks. Sam saw only 2 butterflies, the purpose for the trip to the Fragile Forest, near the exit.

Sam managed to stay awake on the bus on the way back to school, having a lot of fun playing with Megan, a very cute little girl. That was also when I discovered Teacher Drizzle had introduced the song "Nobody" by the Korean group Wondergirls to the class, and Sam could actually jiggle (I wouldn't call his moves 'dance') to the music!!

Photos taken by Teacher Drizzle during the trip: http://www.slide.com/r/Ki7L-8ii4D8zjR--1AQCRqYm0Tct9uTM?previous_view=lt_embedded_url.

No comments:

Post a Comment