Tuesday 15 July 2008

An Pee & Poo Incident in Nursing Room

Had a don't-know-how-to-describe-it time at the nursing room in Isetan KLCC yesterday. Halfway through the shopping, Sam started frantically pulling on his diaper, & even agreed to a diaper change. I thought he's complaining his diaper is too tight or wet, so I took my own sweet time, went to toilet myself 1st, then brought him to the nursing room's diaper change station.

After I took the very wet diaper off Sam, he proceeded to squat down on the diaper station & look at his little 'chick'. I didn't want him to start touching it, so offered him a drink of water in the paper cup, which he accepted & asked for refill.

Then while I was getting the refill, he peed on the diaper station! I gave a little scream of shock, then had to tell Sam what a good boy he was for peeing, since didn't want him to think peeing is a wrong thing to do. And when I was gathering paper towels to clean up the pee, he peed again, this time a great long pee, emptying his bladder (or so I thought then).

So after utilizing tons of paper towels & wet wipes to clean up the diaper station, I thought I could finally put a new diaper on Sam. But no, he was still in the squatting position, this time a concentrated look on his face. So I stuffed the new diaper under him & started making "em-em" sounds to encourage him to poo.

Which he did!!! And of course, not all the poo fell on the diaper, so I ended up having to clean poo off the diaper station too. Then, while I was wiping Sam's backside clean (with him standing up, since he isn't always willing to lie down for diaper change), he peed again!

After cleaning up the same diaper station 4 times in a row, I was glad to be able to leave the place!! Am I grateful for the well-kept nursing room!!!!!

Looks like I better start thinking seriously about toilet training Sam..........but he seems to poo better squatting down than sitting on the toilet seat! Looks like more research needed.........

No comments:

Post a Comment