Monday 21 July 2008

The Incident in the Bathtub

Yes, the dreaded thing I've read in other mothers' blog had happened to me!

Sam pooped in the bathtub during his bath!!!

Was bathing Sam when I noticed his release of smelly gas. Since he hadn't pooped for nearly 2 days, I just asked him off the top of my head whether he wants to poo-poo.

To my surprise, he nodded, then squatted, and in less than 30 seconds, out came the poo!!!!!!!

There was still water & his bath toys in the tub after he did his deed! Luckily I broke out of my horror trance quickly enough to fish out the toys before the contaminated water spread........

Then have to fish out Sam & wash him clean again, all the while stopping him trying to reach into the baby bathtub to touch & splash water on the poop!

And of course, after drying & clothing Sam, have to clean out the tub, barely 6 hrs after the maid had scrubbed it!

My only consolation: thank goodness Sam's poop that day was a good long solid piece & not a soft squashy mess!!!!!!!! ;P

1 comment:

  1. Sis... Sam can react after u asked him to poo is a very good thing. BUT, err.. from ur last incident of his pee and poo in the baby changing room to now.. u are using a bit of a wrong method lar. (My view) Coz when he pee in the baby room, u need not to scold him BUT u need to tell him tht he ONLY can pee and poo in the potty or toilet bowl and not anywhere else. If not hor, next time he will have a wrong idea tht he can pee anywhere and u will hv a very hard time teaching him to pee in potty lor..

    ReplyDelete