Thursday 27 August 2009

Sam Down Again - Stomach Flu This Time

I knew life's too good to be true. After my post on Tuesday, Sam vomited when I went to fetch him from the childcare centre that very evening.

By 7 pm, just after the doctor diagnosed him with stomach flu, Sam threw up again for the 4th time. By this time it was pure fluid.......whatever water he had drank for the past half hour, plus some bile, I'm pretty sure. He's already emptied his system of his lunch, which I could tell from the wholesome grains of rice & barley, that he barely chewed through his meal that day. So I guess that got him susceptible to whatever caused the stomach flu.

Anyway, doctor gave him 3 days of MC, plus medicine for vomiting, wind, and diarrhea, which I requested for, just in case. Sam threw up again at 8pm, which got me worried, cos I thought the suppository the doc gave was supposed to stop the vomiting. Again I prepared my bags in case I had to get Sam to the A&E for dehydration.

Fortunately, Sam stopped vomiting in the night, even though he didn't sleep well, complaining frequently of stomachache and had started running a temperature of 38degC. By morning I was pretty sure the 'stomachache' was partly due to his hunger, cos he actually asked to eat biscuits.

Though he soon dosed off at 10 am, a mere 2 hrs after he got up, he was soon up & bouncing by the afternoon. He got hold of the stickers given by the doctor the evening before, and instead of sticking them somewhere else, placed them on his tummy, then proudly displayed his creation to me & the camera!

After a 2.5 hrs nap at 3pm, he woke up asking for food. I took that to be a good sign. He finished a whole bowl of noodle soup for dinner!

Well, this morning he polished off 3/4 slices of bread & 1.5 pcs of biscuits, in 2 batches. He seemed quite his usual self. I'm now wondering how I can tahan facing him at home tomorrow, and if he seems so okay, if I should send him to school tomorrow..........

No comments:

Post a Comment